Welcome to my weekly round-up of things I've spotted around and about and on social media that I've found interesting and I hope you will too.
Local News (including Early Bird discounts)
- Tiddington Players are holding open auditions (ages 8+ and adults, all welcome!) for their forthcoming production of ‘Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood’. Read-Through at St Peters Church, Manor Road, Stratford on 11 September and Auditions at Tiddington Community Centre on 13 September. Please email for more information.
- The opening times of Shakespeare's Birthplace, Packwood House and Snowshill Manor have changed.
- Tickets for the Cheltenham Literature Festival go on sale to the general public on Wednesday 2nd September. There are some really great events for children on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th of October.
- CBeebies 'My Story' are looking for children (and their grown-ups) to take part in their next series. My Story takes children on a journey to find out history through fun, adventure and play. If you know a child aged 5 or 6 that would be interested in taking part take a look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/article-take-part-in-a-cbeebies-show?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=cbeebies_hq&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=children#my-story-2015 to find out more information.
- If you've got that holiday feeling and can't be bothered to cook there are plenty of offers around at local cafes including Family Summer Lunch at Wyevale Garden Centre, Tea and Teacakes for Two at Druckers, Afternoon Tea for Two at Hatton Country World and Lunch for Two at Druckers for £12. There are also a couple of deals on ways to keep the children occupied over throughout the holidays with 2 months free National Trust membership when you pay by annual direct debit, discounted ice-skating at Planet Ice and a 12 Month Money Saving Kids Pass. For more great local deals take a look at my Offers Page.